This wiki is no longer maintained as of April 2012. Existing users may update articles, however user registration is disabled.
GB coachway network
The GB coachway network is a proposed systems of linked coachway corridors and associated coachway interchanges to allow an efficient express coach system to be developed in the Great Britain. The GB network is based on the core 14 strategic transport corridors defined by the Department for Transport (DfT 2008 p.31) with some additions (for example the A1 south of Leeds).
Proposed UK coachway corridors
- A1 coachway: London to the North East
- A12 coachway: London to Felixstowe
- A14 coachway: Midlands to Felixstowe
- A34 coachway: Central South Coast to Oxford
- M1 coachway: London to Leeds
- M3 coachway: London to central South Coast
- M4 coachway: London to South West and South Wales
- M5 coachway: Midlands to Bristol
- M6 coachway: Midlands to North West
- M11 coachway: London to Cambridge
- M20 coachway: London to Kent ports
- M23 coachway: London to Brighton
- M25 coachway: London orbital
- M40 coachway: London to Midlands
- M62 coachway: Liverpool to Hull
UK coachway interchanges are shown on UK proposed coachway interchanges map.
- DfT, 2008. Delivering a Sustainable Transport System Retrieved 08-04-10